Always keep media device tab present?

Harald Sitter harald.sitter at kdemail.net
Sat Aug 5 18:50:10 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 23:05, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Sunday 30 July 2006 21:41, nikosapi wrote:
> > On the newer versions of Amarok the Media Device tab disappears when you
> > unplug the media device. This tends to to interfere with the "add to
> > media device transfer queue" podcasts option, because since the tab isn't
> > there the new episodes don't get transferred.
> > I can see how the disappearance of the media device tab can be beneficial
> > for people with limited vertical space but could an option be added to
> > permanently keep the media device tab there?
>
> I agree: It should probably be permanently enabled, for usability
> (discoverability) reasons.
>
> Although I have to say that 5 browsers is a bit too much, but that's
> another problem I guess.

Well, I suggest to have it turned on permanently as soon as the users
configures first device to be used by amarok.

Because as for users who don't have a media device (as in one which can
playback) at all it would be kinda sensless to have this tab shown at all -
and for thoose who use USB storage it would be as well. So just turn it on
when user once configured a media device sounds most reasonable to me.

Harald Sitter      roKymotion team         harald.sitter at kdemail.net
amarok.kde.org     rokymotion.pwsp.net     apachelogger at kdetalk.net