Devs please read: Amarok Development Newsletter

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Thu Aug 3 00:45:57 UTC 2006

Oh I missed this one.

> -1-
> There has been some discussion about attending aKademy. This would require
> substantial funding for travel costs and lodging, so we are looking for a
> sponsor. To say the truth things are not looking good right now, since we're
> rather late in the game and most companies have already spent their funding
> budgets. But we can try.

I'll go almost certainly, it's just too easy for me this time round.
I'll pay me own way, so don't worry about funding for me at least.

> -2-
> I would like to remind our veteran devs, and introduce our new contributors to
> our Amarok-backtraces mailing list. This list is the giant bit bucket where
> all the automated crash reports from Amarok end up. It's an invaluable
> resource for bug fixing, so I really recommend subscribing to this list, or
> at least checking the archive periodically. The list can be found here:

Glad this is still used :) Personally I found the traffic too high and
unsubscribed a while ago when I stopped being so active.

> -3-
> The Amarok project has been given a free source code analysis by klocwork.com.
> The analysis is quite sophisticated and found some hard to detect code
> defects, some of which have been fixed. But there's still many reports open
> (including a number of false positives). The site is password protected, but
> we have enough logins for all developers; just ask me or eean on IRC. Special
> thanks go to Sven Krohlas from roKymotion for arranging this opportunity for
> us.

Could you mail me a login? I'd like to see it.

> -4-
> Ian found $11 in his pockets, which translated into one really big pizza.

I'd have like to have seen before and after shots of his stomach.

Max