Nearing the finish line on the Userbase Handbook

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Thu May 19 15:02:59 CEST 2011

Hi Valorie,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:17, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, with the help of my new Assistant, Salma Sultana, and Sentynel
> and Linkmaster from #amarok , we are closer than ever to completely
> finishing the Handbook in Userbase. What our steps are beyond that, I
> still need to research.

Wow, great work! You really deserve extra cookies and hugs :)

As for the steps beyond that, it is the export to Docbook so we can
integrate the manual into Amarok itself, I guess it will be a separate
package called amarok-doc (correct me if I am wrong on that). And of
course the translations. I don't know what the translators prefer, to
translate on userbase or on the docbook, I think we should check with
Albert on that.

> So, now that our pages are done, all that remains is to finalize the
> order. I hope Gmail preserves my spacing!

It did :)

snipping what I agree on.

> Here are the rest of the proposed changes, some with old numbers to
> make them easier to find and move:
>
>  5. Collection
>        1. Collection Scanning
>        8. Working with Media Devices
>       12. Search in Collection
>       14. Organize Collection
>       17. Remote Collections
>              1. Ampache
>              2. DAAP
>              3. Samba
>              4. UPnP
>  6. Organization
>        2. Cover Manager
>        5. External Database
>        6. AFT
>       13. Tag Editor
>       14. Organize Collection -- either here or in Collection?

Yes, I would put that into the collection, actually it already is in
the list above :)

>  8. Various
>     1. Moodbar
>     2. Amarok on other Desktops and Operating Systems
>        Non-KDE Desktops
>        Amarok on Windows
>        Amarok on OS X
>     3. Troubleshooting and Common Problems
>
>  9. References
>     1. Menu and Command Reference
>        1. Amarok Menu
>        2. View Menu
>        3. Playlist Menu
>        4. Tools Menu
>        5. Settings Menu
>        6. Help Menu
>    2. Keybinding Reference
>        1. Global Shortcuts
>        2. Amarok Shortcuts

Wasn't there also a Glossary?

Again, congratulations on this tremendous piece of work, I'm sad I
couldn't contribute more. A big +100 Karma for Valorie and her team!

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org