Insider ready for final entry

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 09:42:34 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:49, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:33, Valorie Zimmerman
>> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've finished the darn article on the APG (Soren if you are on here,
>>> please check it for accuracy!). I have one screenshot done for that
>>> article, but not really any others -- please look it over and
>>> adjust/correct/add, whatever. It is now in it's final place:
>>>
>>> http://amarok.kde.org/en/Insider/Issue_15
>>>
>>> Log in at amarok.kde.org/user and then edit to your heart's content. I
>>> started the HTML markup, since it seems that filtering to use
>>> MediaWiki markup does nothing. ::sigh:: So that work was wasted, but
>>> now we know. I don't know how to make that enormous image be displayed
>>> as a thumbnail, but obviously it can't stay its present size!
>>
>> Seems I have not enough permissions to do so. Lydia or Ian, could I
>> please have permissions to edit unpublished articles? Thanks a bunch
>> :)
>
> Yay, got editing rights (thanks, Lydia!) and finished the HTML
> editing, the article should be OK. I also fixed a few typos, but might
> have overlooked some, please proofread again.
>

> Regards, Myriam.

What a godsend! So nice to get up this morning and have that all
done.....perfectly! Please all, read, fix, etc. Today I added a table
of contents and linked it to the articles. Once that was done, I went
back and did it for 14 also -- check it out! Now we can easily give
out the URL to individual articles, which is nifty.

I would appreciate someone looking over the ChangeLog, and comparing
to what is listed in the What's New part on top. Did we miss anything
important? Is everything factually correct? Sometimes it's difficult
to correctly distill big changes into a few words.

Also, I don't know how to get the one screenshot in there displayed as
a thumbnail linked to the full shot. It would be nice to have a
general screenshot of the APG as well.

If you can't see the new text, please ask Lydia for editing rights.

One more question -- I originally had marked up the interview with my
questions in italic, Leo's answers in plain text. Is it OK as is, or
would that make it more readable? Compare with
http://amarok.kde.org/en/Insider/Issue_14#interviewdevel . See, isn't
it nice to be able to link like that? :-)

Valorie