Old screenshots hanging around?

Abhishek Rane abhishekrane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 11:41:28 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Abhishek Rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
>> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just looked at our top-level Screenshots page:
>>> http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots
>>>
>>> and it is shockingly out of date! Last version with a screenshot is
>>> 2.1! I don't have the authority to edit that page, but if you have
>>> screenshots on your hard drive or posted somewhere, please ping us,
>>> and let's get that page looking better.
>>>
>>> Valorie
>
>> Amarok has a Flickr account too, which sadly, hasn't been in use for a
>> while. If we're to crowd source the screenshots, then why not ask
>> people to mail screenies to Lydia or me, so that we'll upload them to
>> Flickr, thus giving credit to that Amarok fan(in the description). A
>> good way to promote this screenshot campaign would be to ask users to
>> send us a picture of "their Amarok", and we'll upload it to our
>> 'official' Flickr account. A similar campaign could be launched for
>> screencasts, as I've run out of ideas. If any of the rokymoters needs
>> the password for the Flickr account please contact me at
>> abhishektux at gmail.com .
>>  Amarok Studios on Flickr.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/amarokstudios/
>> http://www.flickr.com/people/amarokstudios/
>>
>> -Abhishek
>
> Nice idea, Abhishek! Please turn your request above into a little
> article for the Insider, and add it:
>
> http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Articles/Amarok_Insider_15
>
> I trust you have all heard that we have another week to get the
> Insider in shape.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Valorie
>
> PS: I'll be offline for a couple of days; hopefully will be back and
> catching up by Sunday night. -v
> --
> New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
> Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez
> All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com

I've added the article to the Insider, but I feel we need to promote
this campaign on a.k.o too(as a blog post). Basically, as part of the
campaign we ask users to send us their screenshots and screencasts,
and we'll upload them to Amarok's Flickr and Youtube accounts, also
giving them appropriate credit. A few more things that need to be done
:
1) In the screenshots section on ako, post a link to the official
Flickr account.
2) Add a new section on a.k.o by the name screencasts, so that users
can discover more features in amarok when they visit the site for the
first time.
3) Create a new section on a.k.o, which includes links to Amarok's
twitter, facebook, and, other social profiles.