FAQ update

Emilio Castro González periliocastrol at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:52:07 CEST 2010

Hi, I just write to say that I'm trying to update a bit the FAQ section of
the Amarok wiki. I'm doing it with the Spanish version before doing it in
the English one, but I'm not sure if some articles are needed or are totally
outdated so I'm copying here the structure of the Spanish wiki (in English)
so you can say what you think:

1 What is Amarok?
1.1 What are the difference between Amarok 2 and older versions?
2 Installation
2.1 ¿Can I use Amarok without KDE?
2.2 ¿Why does Amarok use kdelibs?
3 General usage
3.1 Where can I get support for Amarok?
3.2 When I start Amarok, I see an empty playlist. How do I actually get
tracks in there?
3.3 How do I remove tracks from the Playlist?
3.4 How can I load a playlist?
3.5 How can I save the current playlist?
3.6 Where's the equalizer?
3.7 How can I activate visualizations?
3.8 How do I play audio-CDs
3.9 How can I add podcasts?
3.10 Can I use Amarok to stream to my own radio station?
4 Playback Questions
4.1 What media types does Amarok support?
4.2 ¿What is Phonon? ¿What are Phonon backends?
4.3 Amarok won't play MP3's, what can I do?
4.4 I can't get any media to play in Amarok, why not?
4.5 I have a second soundcard and I'm using ALSA. How do I make Amarok use
it instead of the default?
5 General questions
5.1 What are scripts?
5.2 Can I use scripts of Amarok 1.4 in Amarok 2?
5.3 What are moodbars?
5.4 Video
5.5 Is it amaroK, AmaroK or Amarok?
5.6 How are track scores determined?
5.7 How do I manually change a track's score?
5.8 But I also want that stars system like in other players!
5.9 Can I drag and drop Amarok's applets to the Desktop?
5.10 Can I use removable media inside Amarok?
5.11 How can I save a stream?
5.12 Will Amarok 2.0 be able to use my old collection? Will my tags, rating
and statistic be lost?
5.13 Where do I find the settings for amarok?
6 Troubleshooting FAQs
6.1 How can I get a backtrace?
6.2 Amarok just freezes! How can I help get this fixed?
6.3 Collection importer fails with 'Driver not loaded' error
6.4 Amarok takes a lot of time to start
7 Development questions
7.1 How do I get a GIT version of Amarok?
7.2 Why isn't Amarok part of KDEmultimedia?
7.3 I've found a bug / I've got a great idea for Amarok!
7.4 Do you accept patches?
7.5 Why did you choose the name Amarok?

That's the structure of the Spanish version. As you can see most of the
questions are the same than in the old English FAQ (although I added a
couple of them), but there are some parts of the old FAQ that I don't know
if can be included here or are just outdated, specially troubleshooting and
last.fm entries. I have merged many articles of the section "Amarok 2.0 FAQ"
into the other sections.If anyone can tell me if there is something missing
or not, just to complete it. Once I had done it with the Spanish version
I'll update the English one

Thanks