Amarok quick start guide

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:03:17 CEST 2010

I guess we are top-posting on this one; sorry! This is getting better
and better. I've found a few small errors and fixed them, tightened up
a few sentences, and added a couple of small bits I thought we were
missing.

Willem, you had the following questions near the top:

" 1. A lot depends on what topics are useful for a quick-start guide
and what may be too advanced, rather meant for a later more detailed
user manual."

I think what we have so far is good. Let's see what the developers think.

" 2. We need a decision on heading styles." I believe we leave this to
the Docbook coders.

" 3. Any standardisation with respect to screenshots in the document?"
Do you have reservations about any of the included screenies? They all
look good to me. Now is the time to speak up!

" 4. Does the Table of Contents link to separate pages for each topic
in a typical HTML-like style or is all the text in a single document?
- willemf" The Docbook coders will do the linking. GoogleDocs is a
struggle!

I think this is ready for a look-see by the developers, and it's
making me very happy. Abhi and Willem, such excellent work!

Valorie

PS: All the rest of you readers here -- please read through what we
have so far, and fix any errors you see.

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .