Question about download page

Adrián Chaves Fernández adriyetichaves at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:28:59 CEST 2010

On Friday 20 August 2010 15:00:25 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> 2010/8/20 Emilio Castro González <periliocastrol at gmail.com>:
> > Hi
> > I've seen you're moving part of the wiki to userbase (I can't help
> > because I'm very busy right now Sorry). I'm trying to keep some
> > translation into Spanish updated in the wiki but if you move it to
> > Userbase I'll do it there when possible because it is easier. I'd like
> > to know if the Download page will be in the Amarok wiki or will be
> > changed to somewhere else. Just to know if I have watch it for changes
> > or not. Is there any other page of sections "GettingStarted" and
> > "UserGuides" that is not going to be moved? Thanks
>
> The download pages will stay where they are for the foreseeable future.
> Thanks for your translations :)
> Does the infrastucture on userbase help a lot with translations? If so
> I am willing to explore how much work it would be to have that set up
> for the Amarok wiki as well.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

It's now PO-based, so you can translate UserBase's new system like any other
KDE application, using tools like Lokalize (and has also a web-based system).
But it's still being implementated. If the complete implementation is
successful, many wikis should learn from it, since it makes translation and
i18n quite easy.