Handbook structure - first draft

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 17:25:18 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I havedone some brainstormingfor the Handbook structure and this is a
first draft. Please comment on it and make suggestions. I took example
on a few other KDE application handbooks available, and had at look at
the old Amarok 1.4.x handbook in SVN.

Almost all applications include the QuickStartGuide, so did Amarok
1.4.x, so I guess this is ultimately a good idea, but can only be done
once the Handbook is more advanced. I is easy to move it to the manual
later, so no need to worry about this for now.

1. Introduction

2. Getting started (could as well be the QuickStartGuide)

2.1. The Toolbar
2.2. The Content Browser
2.3. The Playlist
2.4. The Context View

3. Using Amarok (should be Advanced Features if we integrate the
QuickStartGuide)

Random list:  Streams, Podcasts (although I think these two should be
in the QuickStartGuide), Dynamic Playlists, Automatic Playlist
Generator, Collection searching, Playlist filtering, Script Manager,
DAAP, UPnP, external Database configuration, etc.

4. Configuring Amarok

4.1. General
4.2. Collection
4.3. Internet Services
4.4. Playback
4.5. Notifications
4.6. Database
4.7. Changing the layout

5. Menu and Command Reference

5.1. Amarok Menu
5.2. View Menu
5.3. Playlist
5.4. Tools
5.5  Settings
5.6. Help
5.7. Search commands

6. Keybinding Reference

6.1. The Global Shortcuts
6.2. The Amarok Shortcuts

7. Troubleshooting and Common Problems

9. Credits and License

I made a first page at http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual,
containing these items for now:

Introduction
Getting started
Using Amarok
Configuring Amarok
Credits and License

Numbering is done automatically by the wiki, so don't worry about
that. Please do not add anything to the Manual page until we clearly
know the structure. It is also a good idea to already get familiar
with the Guidelines for Manuals located here:

http://userbase.kde.org/Typographical_Guidelines
http://userbase.kde.org/EditMarkup

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org