quick start screenshots

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 12:51:10 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM, pete daniels
<pete at guerrillatechsupport.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 14, 2010 04:09:24 am Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Some are obviously not KDE, for sure. I think having a few Ubuntu
>> screenies scattered about is fine, but most should be from KDE. I'll
>> try to do some, too
>>
>> Anyone wanting to contribute screenshots, please be sure they are as
>> accurate and attractive (such as having most covers, etc.) as
>> possible. Also, this can be done in the UserBase, since all the images
>> will have to be re-uploaded anyway!
>>
>> Valorie
>
> Sounds good. I just got home (it's midnight on Saturday here), tomorrow I'll
> make up some screenshots so they're ready to go once the guide gets uploaded
> onto UserBase.
>
> Of the three user accounts I have on various machines of mine, one has a dark
> green theme, one's black and red, and one's "stock" KDE defaults. I'll mostly
> do the screenshots from my demo (default) account, but I'll try to spice it up
> a little with some shots from my other machines, unless anyone has an
> objection. I also like the idea of keeping a couple Ubuntu shots (or generally
> non-KDE; can anyone do some Windows screenshots?). Sort of visually
> reinforcing that "this is versatile software and can be used in a lot of
> different places."
>
> Hope everyone's having as great a weekend as I've had so far.
>
> -pete

Allrighty everybody, the new page is at
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/QuickStartGuide, and it looks dreadful,
which is to be expected. I removed the TOC, because Userbase should
generate its own, based on headings. So I assume instead of all the
span and font size crap, we'll need to put in actual headings, such as
h1, h2, h3. As HTML is meant to be.

Yes, I'm old-fashioned!

And as predicted, the images are missing. However, there are
file-names to help people remember what they are.

The old Google Doc is still all there so we can consult it. But now is
the time to cut all the fat, please. This is a Quick Start Guide, to
get the new user off to a good start. I agree with Pete that a nice
variety of images would be good, including Windows. I'm sure
Nitrostemp can give us some if we specify what we want (he's in
#amarok).

Verbiage that is cut can possibly be re-used in the full Manual -- and
I want to start that soonest.

Let's have fun!

Valorie

PS: If you can't edit, you need to make a wiki account.

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .