Ads on amarok.kde.org - a new perspective

Christie Harris christie.harris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:51:17 CET 2009

www.gentoo.org has had unobtrusive advertising on their site for years
- it's confined to the right-hand column, and each ad is limited to a
maximum height.
As you know, the right sponsors/partnerships can be very beneficial to
projects like Amarok, and in my opinion, it would be a very small
thing to reciprocate the support others give, particularly if it
facilitates development.

It'd get my support, fwiw.

The KDE page is a great idea - I think people in general are less
opposed to advertising if they can SEE the contribution that's been/
being made. I do oppose advertising simply as a fundraiser though.

Cheers, Christie