Amarok promo brainstorming

Wendy Van Craen wendy.vancraen at kde.org
Fri Jul 17 09:05:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

Another idea:

printing cool Amarok stickers (I have connections for good prices due
my daytime job...)

We make the sticker some kind of 4-pages leaflet ->1 of the pages
contains the sticker, on the other 3 pages we promote Amarok in a way
like "DISCOVER FREE MUSIC WITH AMAROK, go to www.---.org for more
information" -> I would however recommend to create a mini-webpage
just for this promotion.  This website should be very
new-potential-user-centered and be very appealing, so anyone who
visits the site would download Amarok "just to try it out".

Afterwards we can make statistics on how many downloads we had during
this promotion.

Where to distribute these leaflets/stickers?  In student bars, at
schools, sports clubs, disco's, on parties, ...
I love to go out, so I'd love to help distribute :-)

This is a very easy thing to do, it only takes some volunteering from
us, the community.  Above all, it is not expensive at all to do a
thing like this.

greetings

Wendy Van Craen
KDE Promotion & Events