Amarok promo brainstorming

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Jul 16 11:28:20 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:06, Bart Cerneels<bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> The best advertisement for our software is our software. Hence I think
> in the long run the goal should be to get amarok to as many people as
> possible, on as many platforms as possible. Windows and mac are on
> their way. Netbook is already getting their, mobile (internet tablets
> and smartphones) is feasible.

Yea but there is no sense in having Amarok on all this nice
platforms/devices/... if no-one outside our usual target group knows
we exist ;-)
Hence some promo different from what we usually do is needed.

> Releasing on those platforms will cause a big splash, providing that
> the information is passed to press, news-sites, bloggers, ... I'm sure
> rockymotion can handle that, also the KDE marketing team has a good
> network of press contacts, use them.

What do you think I am doing for every damn release? ;-)  You are
seriously underestimating me here :D
(But of course so much more could be done with more help.)

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher