Announcement on leaving the project

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at getamarok.com
Sun Sep 14 18:36:20 CEST 2008

Dear fellow rokers,

as of this email, I will not contribute to the Amarok project anymore. This
is a decision I thought about a long time and I regret that I have to
announce that I am leaving the project.

As I've displayed several times during the last month, I feel I'm not
listened to (anymore), especially on the subjects I've strong with (web
design and graphics). Also, since Harald left the project, I've felt that
the project has lacked a serious leader who knew what is happening and who
could tell what to do next and thus feeling uncomfortable to work for the
project.

Also, the development direction of Amarok 2 has gone into a direction that I
personally don't completely agree with. That is the other main reason I feel
I have nothing more to give to the project.

However, working with Amarok hasn't only been unpleasant, but also very
rewarding. I've got much for my professionality and the ways how to work
with people - and how not to work with people. I've also got some good
friends, which made the leaving even more sad and hard for me.

I hope the very best for the project and sincerely thank you all for letting
me be part of the project and the decisions as long as our work together
lasted.

I'll host the website theme and the OOo Impress templates for at least two
weeks at http://emonk.fi/work/amarok/. You can also delete my mail account (
the amarok-promo list, so please CC pasi at lallinaho.fi if replying.

You can always contact me at freenode (currently knome because a nick clash
w/ emonkey) or my email address, pasi at lallinaho.fi.

--
Pasi Lallinaho // emunkki