FOSDEM, name tags

Myriam Rita Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Tue Feb 26 21:59:55 CET 2008

On Tuesday, 26. February 2008 21.36:42 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> I think having a list with stuff we always need is more useful. And if
> I remember correctly Sven already started one.
> I am going to remind people before events to check this list.
>
> Is that ok? Cause I think having to print this stuff (not everyone has
> a color printer)

hm, still, nametags are one of the most important things not to forget for an
event, especially since some nametags/tag supports you get from the
organizers (if any) are not really usefull.

The printer problem can be solved easily by printing 2 or 3 tags in advance,
and NOT handing out all at the same time. Still, I'm pretty sure that out of
3 participants, one has a color printer and can do the printing for the
group. We should have the model for the printing ready somewhere on the
website, the only thing needed after that is to fill in the names.

Also, printing empty nametags is an alternative, so a name can be inserted
manually (for example late joiners, etc.). BTW, the tag holders can be bought
by 50 and its not the most expensive item, but a very valuable one which
sometimes can even last for years

this was my 6th Fosdem and I participated in many of the mayor free software
events in the last seven years and nothing is as disturbing as not to know
whom you are talking to, especially if you are on the other side of the
table.

A second step (for the future) should be to have "business" cards ready for
the team members who are entitled to speak for the project, its not very
expensive, especially by grouping the order, and should be in our todo list.

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org