~yay, 100% more insanity

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Feb 14 16:35:16 CET 2008

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Good news,
>
> Greg (oggb4m3) has kindly provided a new server for insanity, and the
> difference is very noticeable. Overall the bot has become a lot more
> responsive and smooth.
>
> For comparison:
>
> Old server:
> PIII 700mhz
>
> New server:
> AMD 1700+
>

> I'd say a big "thank you" and OGGY HOORAY for Greg :)

How much memory does it have?

Amarok (the bot) is running on my server currently, and while it has
very low CPU requirements, it uses about a gig of memory.  Which is as
much memory as is in the entire box. After swapping (caused in large
part by Amarok) it uses 46.8% of my physical memory...

--Jeff