Menu translation

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Dec 11 21:23:25 CET 2008

New theme and a new system for translating the menus. Overall its much
easier to maintain, no more HTML that has to be fixed 5 times if we
ever make a change in navigation.

Currently I have translations disabled. If I enable them, then menus
on non-English would disappear since we don't have any translated
menus yet!

Instructions:
1) Go to http://amarok.kde.org/en/admin/build/menu and click on
"Primary Links" or "Secondary Links". These are the menus representing
the first and second lines, respectively.
2) Click Add Item
3) For Screenshots, Discover, Developer Blogs and Insider, enter only
the 'filename' of the URL, just the last part. For instance
'screenshots'. For all the others, enter the URL as the full url with
http, like http://amarok.kde.org/wiki. You can 'edit' the existing
English menus to see what I mean.
4) Enter a translated "Menu link title".
5) Select the language and click save.
6) Repeat all that until you have all the menu items
7) The primary and secondary menu items can be shuffled around. Make
sure that the English items remain at the top, and try to group your
menu items together in their correct order.

You need to have your "interface translator" bit set for this to work.
Poke me or Lydia if your not able to access
http://amarok.kde.org/en/admin/build/menu

And when every language is translated we can switch it on!

Thanks,
Ian