Some Ideas For Amarok 2 Pre-Release and Release Promo

abhishek rane abhishekrane at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:33:37 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Mark Kretschmann <m.kretschmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 8:33 AM, abhishek rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 1) Spread Amarok Badges : Badges/Buttons for users to put on their blog
> > showing they are Amarokers . For reference P.S :
> > http://spreadubuntu.co.uk/resources
> > 2) Countdown timers for release : It would be better if someone makes a
> > javascript countdown timer showing the time until amarok2 is released.
> e.g :
> > '2 days to go for Amarok 2' .These countdown timers should be usable on
> any
> > blog or website.
>
> Great ideas, but I wish we would have had them a bit earlier. Release
> is so close now that it's questionable if this still makes sense.
>
> Anyway, the idea from 1) could be useful even after 2.0 release.
>
> --
> Mark Kretschmann
> Amarok Developer
> www.kde.org - amarok.kde.org

Actually I thought that Amarok had those already , because I saw some Amarok
user buttons(the small ones you have on kdeapps.org) on a few blogs.  A
separate Spread Amarok page could & should be created after 2.0 release
because anyway all the developers are busy now and a product I guess needs
more promotion(marketing NOT advertising) after its release than before its
release because the new people who will start using Amarok 2 may want to
tell others about the product or rather urge others to use it.With the
Windows and Mac OSX releases, Amarok 2 is no longer a cult following but
more of a product for the masses by the masses.A countdown timer for future
major releases won't be a bad idea I guess. Keep Amaroking !