Bug workflow

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 15:38:43 CEST 2008

Heya everyone,

As you might have seen I have been going through all Amarok 2 bugs and
assigned milestones and priorities.
I want cookies!!! With chocolate!!!

The new bugzilla offers some nice new features which I want to use to
get us into a real bug workflow.

http://tinyurl.com/5q4m2r are all bugs that should be fixed by beta 2
release and therefore have target 2.0-beta2.
http://tinyurl.com/5thjks are all bugs that should be fixed by 2.0
final release.

Everyone triaging bugs please assign targets (milestones) from now on
where necessary so we have a clean list of bugs that devs need to fix
before release.
Please don't assign targets arbitrary. This list should be kept clean
and contain only stuff that is fixable by release.

With the new bugzilla we have keywords as well. So far I have created
two. "release_stopper" and "needs_verification".
release_stopper is for showstopper bugs that absolutely need to get
fixed before release.
needs_verification is for bugs that need someone to test it and you
simply don't have the time to do it yourself or can't do it due to
special setup requirements and so on.

I will add links to those queries to the topic in #amarok hoping that
people will help with verifying bugs and start contributing patches.

I hope that makes life for devs a little easier by not making you go
through all bugs but only those that really need to be fixed next :)

Cheers
Lydia

PS: Forget about the release bug. This is better (TM)  ;-)

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager