The decline of Digg

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:52:56 CEST 2008

I agree with this.

That last few digg submissions we have made has not reached the
frontpage ( not even close ), but on the other hand we have seen a
huge amount of traffic from other sites, such as arstechnica, lxer.com
and a host of others, actually drawing more hits to some of these
stories than some of the ones who did make it onto digg. So I think
what we should do is to focus much more broadly in the future instead
of just trying to get it onto digg.

Personally, I would really like to see fsdaily.com succeed as that is
in essence just a very specialized digg that focuses on FOSS, it is
not quite there yet.