Radio Anorak - Good Music, Good Chats, Amarok's Official Community Radio Station

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 08:33:37 CEST 2007

On 9/17/07, Aaron Krill <corporeal at infinitephilosopher.com> wrote:
> I'd thought this too. But, it wasn't my choice. The choice was made by the
> Amarok head guys. But I'll poke them about it.

Yeah. The thing is: Amarok is already a "weird" sounding name and
people have trouble to remember/pronounce it. Now, while Anorak is
sort of a pun and means "geek", this really isn't very well known
outside of the USA and UK. In fact the word Anorak itself isn't very
well known to non native English speakers.

I can see people calling it "Amorak", "Anorok", and other funny names.
We don't want that.

How about this: We call the radio officially "Radio Amarok", and then
we can still add a tagline on the site like "Radio for Anoraks". Maybe
with a funny logo like our wolf wearing an Anorak :)

--
Mark