Ideas about the next AWN

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:03:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

After a long break, I'm finally back, and willing to continue my work ;)
There are some issues I would like to discuss here. Disclaimer: my keyboard is
broken :(

1. Status and publishing.
AWN started as my desire to inform people about the cool stuff happening
inside Amarok. I published it initially on my google page, and things stayed
that way, except for added RSS feed. I would be happy to continue that way,
but I have a feeling that we could benefit in "officializing" awn:

a) Right now it's complicated to do collaborative work. I can either publish
it on some temporary page and ask you for reporting errors, or write it on
google doc and invite you to fix the errors, after which I paste and format
the document on the webpage. A lot of work.

b) I do a lot of things manually, like updating the front page and RSS feed.

c) AWN has the status of an unofficial publication. Should it stay that way?

Benefits of merging AWN with Amarok (or Rokymotion) site will be better
collaboration, greater flexibility, and a common appearance.

The thing I kinda like currently is that I receive lots of credits from the
community, but that is unfair, since you all help me so much. ;) Oh, and
moving the RSS feed could be a bit painful.

So, what is your opinion on this subject?

2. Topics
I would like to gather as much material as possible. Please submit everything
that you think is suitable. Lydia suggested adding new section: "in the
news", similar to already existing one "cool tips". I think that is a great
idea. I'd probably locate it at the very beginning of the page, listing
recent news about Amarok. Other than that, I could talk about the end of SoC,
context view and plasma, playlist, dynamic collections(?), plans for Amarok
2.0 (not 2.x), etc.
Submit your favorites!

--
Ljubomir Simin