Nice one

Ljubomir ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:20:02 CET 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 12.44:42 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> just a nice little review. We all need some encouragement sometimes,
> isn't it so :)
>
> http://oneclicklinux.blogspot.com/2007/11/inside-amarok.html

Although nice, I see some misunderstandings there. He refers the Magnatune
as "Amarok's online music store. (...) Amarok also features folk, country,
blues, etc.". He also states that if you can't afford to buy an album from
Magnatune, you can stream some other music from the internet radio stations,
ignoring the fact that you can stream the very same track directly from
Magnatune. And he assumes that Amarok downloads lyrics by default from
Wikipedia, which is clearly not the case. The last thing is his insisting on
the fact that Amarok is Linux-only (which is already untrue since we support
freebsd and other fancy unixes), while people are shouting around about
Amarok 2 for windows and maosx.

I wonder what's the reason for those misunderstandings, and what can we do in
order to keep people informed better?

--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181