Aligning Amarok's and KDE's messaging

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 15:00:21 CEST 2007

Hi RokyMotors!

I've thought a bit about aligning Amarok's and KDE's promotion strategies,
here's what came out of it:

- Amarok should be mentioned as a project under the KDE umbrella. This is in
  line with KDE's umbrella branding, and other brands such as Plasma, Solid
  (+other frameworks) and stuff like KDE-EDU and those modules.

- The Oxygen style should also be applied to Amarok's promotion

- The general messaging concept around "Freedom" and "Community" should be
  applied to Amarok as well

Now all this sounds like "Big Brother's" oppression, but I think it makes a
lot of sense for sharing material, ideas, concepts and such. KDE's branding
has a place for 'subprojects' (do you find this term insulting? I hope not?).

Here's the points where we can share stuff and improve communication:

- Amarok news in our press channel and of course on the Dot

- Having Rokymotion people on the kde-promo and kde-events list (not sure if
  some of you already are on those lists, but I'd highly recommend it)

- Logistics for events

- Shared merchandising (bigger volumes -> lower prices, shared transportation
  costs)

- Sponsorship drives through KDE e.V.(we have paypal accounts and tax
  exemption in place)

So let's think a bit how we can make our joint branding more effective. Ideas,
comments and such are welcome.

By the way, I think you're doing outstanding work. Kudos!
--
sebas, Amarok fanboy

A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and
the blinking red light. - Dave Barry