Wiki information

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Tue Jul 31 14:59:01 CEST 2007

Arrr, I'm Mr. Spam today ;-)

First of all, no new password logins for the wiki!
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Special:AmarokLogin
We still support the old accounts, but I highly suggest to convert them to
openid ASAP. The Amarok duo login is mapped to replace the old login, so also
a click on 'Log in/create account' will lead to this page ... where creating
new accounts is still not possible :P

Now for that matter, we need a generic page with information about OpenID, i.e
what's the matter with that thing, how to get an id etc.
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/OpenID
Anyone who got some minutes... please go ahead and start writing.

Next thing is a restructuring.
I just discoverd how to turn on subpaging for the default Namespace. So we
need don't use Release:2.0.0 anymore, but instead Releases/2.0.0 as well as
Articles/07/Whatever... people told me it's more userfriendly... Anyway, any
page starting with Articles/ got a tiny little link at the very top to get
back to Articles which is actually a redirect to Category:Articles. Blah
blah...

Please especially note to use the current year in the URL when writing a
general article, this gives better structure and allows multiple usage of one
title.
e.g. Articles/Dot/07/How To Manage An iPod

...Which also describes the next thing, Articles/Dot/ is to be used for
dot.kde.org stuff.

The Last note is about category sortig, it's pretty obvious that this system
got one disadvantage every page name starts with Articles, therfore is sorted
under A in the Articles category. To work around this just add a |Whatever to
the Category definition.
e.g. [[Category:Articles|Dot]]

Please use this whenever it appears to be meaningful to you.

Considering there _aren't any_ questions, since I desribed everything as
detailed as possible :P I wish everyone a nice day.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com
amarok.kde.org     Good news everyone!     Jabber: apachelogger at kdetalk.net