Amarok 'Fast Forward' 1.4.4 Released!

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Thu Nov 2 09:11:14 CET 2006

Announcing version 1.4.4 of the Amarok 'Fast Forward' series

Amarok continues to blast ahead with release 1.4.4. We're thrilled to be able
to take our long association with Magnatune to new heights with the addition
of an integrated DRM-free music store with full-length mp3 previews.
Magnatune's "we are not evil" attitude guarantees that you can purchase
awesome tunes and the artist receives half of the purchase price.

With 1.4.4 comes basic support for the Rio Karma. Many bug fixes and additions
for the other media device plugins have also been made. Now Amarok is truly
your "one-stop-media-device" shop, supporting nearly all the major media
device's on the market.

Amarok 1.4.4 may very well be our closest to being bug free release ever! Over
100 bugs have been closed for this release, thanks in no small part to the
tireless effort of our development team. Martin Aumueller and Alexandre
Oliveira in particular have been on a bug squashing craze for this release,
and first-time contributor, Ovidiu Gheorghioiu, has submitted a large bundle
of patches and fixes to improve Amarok's efficiency and response.

On another note, we still need artists! If YOU are interested in creating
artwork for the Amarok project, please mail amarok at kde.org with your
proposal, or for more information about what is required.

The Amarok team
---------------

Amarok is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.

"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
    - Linux Format Magazine

WWW:  http://amarok.kde.org
WIKI: http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki
IRC:  irc.freenode.net - #amarok, #amarok.de, #amarok.es
MAIL: amarok at kde.org