Amarok 'Fast Forward' 1.4.2 Released!

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Tue Aug 22 23:55:21 CEST 2006

Announcing version 1.4.2 of the Amarok 'Fast Forward' series

Amarok 1.4.2 from the 'Fast Forward' series introduces hot new features like
much improved Last.fm streaming, MTP media device support, and thanks to
Google's Summer of Code Amarok now supports dynamic collections and live
streaming over the DAAP protocol, as well as a whole galaxy of bug fixes.

Special thanks go to klocwork.com for their powerful code analysis tool.

New in 1.4.2:
=============
* DAAP Client, can connect to iTunes, FireFly Media Server
* MTP media device support
* Dynamic collection
* Custom Last.fm stations

* Improved crossfading for xine-engine
* Works with libtunepimp 0.5.0
* Support for LibVisual 0.4
* Video transfer with latest CVS version of libgpod
* Amarok now works with MySQL >5.0.23
* Various improvements to media device system

The Amarok team
---------------

Amarok is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.

"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
    - Linux Format Magazine

WWW:  http://amarok.kde.org
WIKI: http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki
IRC:  irc.freenode.net - #amarok, #amarok.de, #amarok.es
MAIL: amarok at kde.org