Code contributions - what's the process?

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Wed Dec 9 21:41:20 GMT 2020

Hello everyone!

I recently did some small bugfixes on Amarok and submitted merge requests on
invent.kde.org, but they haven't received much attention yet. I tried also on
the IRC channel, but received limited response.

(The merge requests are https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok/-/
merge_requests/17 and https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok/-/
merge_requests/18 - updated them to current head already a couple of times,
but I'm new to gitlab, did I do it right?)

The contribution how-tos I came across are out of date and contain various
dead links. What's the process nowadays? What to do when I have new code &
fixes submitted as merge requests, should I notify someone or send a message
somewhere? I plan to keep doing some bugfixing (scratching my own itches on
the KF5 version mostly) in the following weeks and months.

Cheers
Tuomas Nurmi