A proposal to release 2.9

Heiko Becker heirecka at exherbo.org
Sun Mar 4 12:50:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 02/24/18 23:58, Stefano Pettini wrote:
> it looks like there's a general agreement on releasing 2.9 from master,
> Myriam is also fine with the plan. I said in the past I wanted to do it
> but I have no experience and time so if Heiko can do it then I would
> prefer this solution.

I created a tarball with https://phabricator.kde.org/D10923 (make
Qt4Webkit optional) and https://phabricator.kde.org/D10924 (temp.
disable Goolgle and Discogs cover search) included:

https://dev.exherbo.org/~heirecka/amarok-2.9.0.tar.xz

I almost didn't notice that it crashes on shutdown with a "double free
or corruption" (because I don't have a kdelibs4 drkonqi anymore). Can
somebody reproduce this? Anybody willing to volunteer and fix it?

Also, sysadmins currently imposed a dependency/release freeze [1], so we
need to wait a bit anyway.

> About KF5 and master, what's the plan? Merging the two, cherrypicking
> patches since the fork or just abandoning master? I would not favor the
> last solution as time was spent by many, including me, for useful fixes
> and I would like to make sure that these are not lost (same reason why I
> proposed to release 2.9).

I already merged some stuff from master into kf5, but the two branches
diverged quite a bit and I discussed with Mark on #amarok.dev to
cherry-pick in the future.

Cheers,
Heiko

[1] https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=151998691026704&w=2