A proposal to release 2.9

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri Jan 26 12:45:39 UTC 2018

Hi Stefano,
I totally agree, 2.9 should be released to push the work done to users.

I unfortunately won't find time to do it myself, but: try to start making
the release yourself! ;) It should be documented quite well.

If you get stuck or need help with particular tasks, speak up on ML (and CC
me), I'm quite confident somebody from us will help. (people usually
procrastinate "big" tasks, but answering a concrete questions is much
easier)

If somebody has objections against making a release now or different
suggestions, please speak up.

Best,
    Matěj