Port KF5

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Sun Sep 13 17:35:01 UTC 2015

Dear Rishabh,

I apology, I did the backtrace command in gdb, and had the exact same
output as you...

The error comes from this code:

     //We need to set fixed widths initially, just until the main window
has been properly laid out. As soon as this has
     //happened, we will unlock these sizes again so that the elements
can be resized by the user.
     const int mins[3] = { m_browserDock.data()->minimumWidth(),
m_contextDock.data()->minimumWidth(),
m_playlistDock.data()->minimumWidth() };
     const int maxs[3] = { m_browserDock.data()->maximumWidth(),
m_contextDock.data()->maximumWidth(),
m_playlistDock.data()->maximumWidth() };

     m_browserDock.data()->setFixedWidth( widgetWidth * 0.65 );
     m_contextDock.data()->setFixedWidth( widgetWidth * 1.7 + leftover );
     m_playlistDock.data()->setFixedWidth( widgetWidth * 0.65 );

     // Important: We need to activate the layout we have just set
     layout()->activate();

     m_browserDock.data()->setMinimumWidth( mins[0] );
m_browserDock.data()->setMaximumWidth( maxs[0] );
     m_contextDock.data()->setMinimumWidth( mins[1] );
m_contextDock.data()->setMaximumWidth( maxs[1] );
     m_playlistDock.data()->setMinimumWidth( mins[2] );
m_playlistDock.data()->setMaximumWidth( maxs[2] );

which uses m_contextDock, from the /src/context folder which is not
compiled... This means that we need to port context to qml first or
comment this part;

It also means that the different parts of the project are not as
independent as expected.

Cheers.
Olivier