[Port to KF5] Time to work on contexts

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Wed Nov 25 14:05:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

I had a long discussion with notmart and he explained me how he thought
we should work about the context.

He told me we should begin with a standalone app that was able to load
the applets. Therefore he designed in plasma-framework, branch
mart/customShell, in the folder examples/shell a custom corona that
should do the trick. I already began to work on it, I'll keep you
informed (and will give you a link to a scratch/git so that you can help me)

When we'll have understand how this work, it will be possible to put the
code in Amarok and then the applet will be designed as if they were
plasmoids on the desktop.

The bonus in this is that every applet is a standalone package. So we
can ship ours but it also let people create their own and put them on
KDE-apps.org. Which is really cool I think.

It's just a perspective, but it may be an idea to answer my question
about how to replace QtScripts... But this is not for now :)

Cheers!
Olivier

--
Olivier CHURLAUD
Engineer Student at Ecole Centrale de Lyon
@: olivier at churlaud.com
tel: +49 (0)1575-2931348
in:  http://linkedin.com/in/olivierchurlaud
web: http://olivier.churlaud.com