GSoC 2015 Status Update

Aroonav Mishra aroonav11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:24:45 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I have made quite a lot of changes since the last time I posted here but
most of the changes have been pretty straightforward. The changes mainly
consist of the ones that I have already mentioned in my previous posts here.

During the port of the code in src/context, I realized that it is going to
take a LOT of time to complete. We may have to move to QML as Plasma 5 only
supports QML for the widgets. So Mark suggested to leave it aside for the
moment. To get around it, I tried to disable the compilation of src/context
and the files that depend on the stuff in src/context. Well I should have
guessed that it won't work and later I had to comment out the code that was
causing the linking errors. I have appropriately marked out each commented
piece of code (with "FIXME: disabled temporarily for KF5 porting") so that
it can be re-enabled later and we won't have to deal with obscure bugs due
to their absence.

I had to remove the second arguement of the KPluginInfo constructor (
KPluginInfo( const QString & filename, const char* resource = 0 ) has
changed to KPluginInfo (const QString &filename) ). I am still unsure
whether this change is correct or not.

Apart from all this, the changes to the code-base have been pretty simple.
They consisted of changes like the inclusion of some of the moc files,
addition of Q_OBJECT macro, changes for KUrl-->QUrl port, addition of
headers, etc. I will be pushing the commits that reflect these above
changes soon.

Cheers,
Aroonav Mishra.