Bug 184325 - amarok wish: fetch lyrics from the ID3 lyrics tag

Anmol Ahuja anmolan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:46:12 UTC 2015

> This does not work for me. Inserting Amarok.debug(embeddedLyrics); in
> this function in the Lyricwiki script prints an empty line in the
> debugging output even if there is a lyrics tag in the file and there are
> lyrics in Amarok's database.
>
> function readEmbeddedLyrics()
> {
>     var track = Amarok.Engine.currentTrack();
>     var embeddedLyrics = track.tags["lyrics"];
>     if( embeddedLyrics != undefined && embeddedLyrics !== "" )
>     {
>         Amarok.debug( "Using embedded lyrics for track \"" + track.title
> + "\"" );
>         Amarok.Lyrics.showLyricsHtml( embeddedLyrics );
>         return true;
>     }
>     return false;
> }

Hey,
sorry, about that. I somehow seem to have missed something from my
gsoc branch. Committed now.

By the way, tracks are resolved asynchronously, you should check if it
has loaded before using it (unneeded for the currently playing one):
if( !track.isLoaded )
     track.loaded.connect( <your function> );
 else
     <your function>( track );

--
Regards,