Bug 184325 - amarok wish: fetch lyrics from the ID3 lyrics tag

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 11:17:18 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,

welcome on board :)

Please make sure to subscribe to the amarok-devel mailing list, else you
might not get the replies.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Jan Szczepaniec <johnszczepaniec at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm new contributor to amarok, my question is could I implement it? This
> is amarok wish. I have found all classes responsibles for represent track.
> Will be nice if someone could help me to implement it. I need only some
> general hints. I wonder that should I add to all interface field and
> methods responsible for lyrcis as title/author. I'm not sure how can I get
> lycris from id3 lyrcis tag. I should write some script to get it but can I
> get some similar example for example how can I get title. I'm sorry that is
> so much question but also no implementation/technic documentation.
>
> I guess to get information from the ID3 tag is done the same way as all
other information we read from the tags, shouldn't be that complicated.
And a script is probably not the best solution here as we would want this
to be a built-in solution.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org