Deprecation of QtScript

Anmol Ahuja anmolan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:50:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Olivier Churlaud <olivier at churlaud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read on Qt (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.6) that Qt Script is
> going to be deprecated. How are we going to deal with this in Amarok?
> Because it is used a lot, and a lot of cool stuff rely on the scripts...
>
> Maybe you already knew it, but I just feel like "a bunch of work is still
> hidden here"

Found this: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2015-March/015971.html

"To re-iterate: QtScript is not going away, especially not before we have a
full replacement including more porting documentation. But don't expect active
development of the module to happen either. For many simple use cases,
QJSEngine can act as drop in replacement by the way, so we do care about the
migration path and try to keep API compatible where it is possible."

--
Regards,
Anmol Ahuja