release text for 2.9 beta - changelog needed

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Aug 16 22:41:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Aditya Sharma for sending me the info.
>
> I forgot the link: https://amarok.kde.org/en/node/887
>
> Not much there, yet. -v
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:49 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm working on the text for the 2.9 beta, but I need some information
>> and am not able to dig it out right now.
>>
>> Can someone shoot me a copy of the changelog or give me some
>> highlights? I don't have a built copy of Amarok right now, or time to
>> do that.

Thanks a lot for the work, Valorie!

We usually do not provide a full changelog in the beta release, that
we will do for the 2.9 final. I added a link to the Changelog in the
text. I also added some additional text.

We have another problem: going through the changelog, it appears that
some of the GSoC work from 2 years ago was never merged, namely the CD
rework done by Tatjana. This really should be merged ASAP, as it is
very likely to fix the problem with CD playing.

Would be nice if this could be done ASAP, so we can respin the beta
tarball and push this out. I don't think this should be done after the
beta release, but before!

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org