Helping porting to KF5 - to Aroonav

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Sat Aug 8 11:10:17 UTC 2015

Hi , thx for your answers!

Le 07/08/2015 20:40, Aroonav Mishra a écrit :
> But right now the biggest concern is the code in src/context on which
> the view of the application depends. I think that it will have to be
> ported to QML as KF5 only supports widgets in QML. It will be really
> nice if someone could pick up the task of porting the code in
> src/context correctly. I had to comment out the codes that were
> dependent on the code in src/context as they were causing linking
> errors and these need to be uncommented as well.
It what I was thinking. Do we need the QML views to be clones of the
current ui? Or did people thought of making it evolve and we have to
take this in account? (I hope not:D)

> I depend on these errors to guide me on what to do next. So what I do
> is that, I look at an error and then I look at the porting docs or the
> Qt5/KF5 docs on replacing that now erroneous piece of code. This has
> worked pretty well for me until now.
This is exactly what I thought of doing
> It's easier to depend on the errors to guide you on what you have to
> do next. So on doing so I might first edit the file in say
> src/browsers and then edit a file in src/dialogs and so there is no
> link in the order in which I edit the files. I believe that any other
> approach will take a lot of your time to yield the same result.

I'll go for it... It seems that Mamarok wants to give me some insights
or advice, so I wait until we speak about it. I saw that the branch was
merge to amarok/kf5 > I'll go back from here.

Cheers,
Olivier