Beginner help in Amarok

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 01:01:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Sahil Sehgal <sahilsehgal1995 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to open source development have just started building amarok in
> KDevelop, I have cloned the source code and trying to get into the code base
> of amarok.
> I am also trying to do the junior jobs and minor bugs.
>
> Can anyone suggest or advice me a better way with which i can quickly get
> into the code base of amarok?
>
> I have started from the main doc.
>
> Regards
> sahil sehgal

Nice to hear from you, Sahil. I tried to answer you in IRC but you
left too soon. IRC can be really useful, but you have to stick around
for answers sometimes!

Actually, all your questions can be answered from the links in the
/topic of #amarok, which I will paste below:

PATIENCE: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual :: Hack with us:
http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Join :: JJ:
http://tinyurl.com/amarokjjs :: Help us fix bugs:
http://tinyurl.com/AmarokOpenBugs

In addition, here is the link you need re: building. Please ensure
that you follow *every* step: git-build = check here for a local
build: http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/
A detailed information about git can be found here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/KDE_git-tutorial

This information can be generated by typing `calc git-build` into the
channel. Many other useful tips can be searched with `calc` and
`match`, as in `match *git*`

All the best,

Valorie