UPnP control point

Pinak Ahuja pinak.ahuja at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:34:10 UTC 2014

Amarok currently has limited support for UPnP (it can just add UPnP servers
to its collection). One of the feature I would like to add is making amarok
a UPnP control point capable of streaming music from its sources to a
UPnP/DLNA renderers (like smart TV's, home theater system) as a SoK
project. Would it be valuable to amarok? Also would it be feasible
considering my current skill set is limited to C, C++, python (though I
have a lot of free time to learn new stuff as my summer vacations are on).
I've successfully compiled amarok from git.
Thanks
Pinak