Website downtime

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 17:42:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> On 5 July 2014 22:02, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>
> Hi Myriam,
>

>> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> It would be appreciated if those using Drupal 6 instances could
>>> contact sysadmin so we can make plans to migrate those sites to Drupal
>>> 7. The newer version of PHP in use on the new system causes Drupal 6
>>> quite a few issues.
>>>

>> amarok.kde.org ist still using the old Drupal instance, so we would
>> appreciate any help in the migration.
>
> There are two major issues I can see at the moment:
>
> 1) The theme, which will need to be rewritten.
> 2) Gallery2 - which is long out of support, and unavailable for Drupal 7.
>
> You'll need to decide the fate of the gallery, and we'll need someone
> to write a new theme.

Hm, the gallery pictures we would just need a backup of so we can set
up another gallery somewhere, it is not that essential, but the theme
rewrite is another issue altogether :(

I will have a look around who could help us with the theme rewrite.
How extensive is that rewrite, just so I get an idea about the work
needed?

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org