Fetching googlemock

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sun Dec 14 15:07:20 UTC 2014

On 14. 12. 2014 Konrad Zemek wrote:
> Matěj Laitl wrote:
> > How big is tarballed gtest + gmock? Can we just embed them in our release
> > tarballs? Else we can create something like
> > amarok-testlibs-$version.tar.bz2, but that would be more work and effort.
>
> tarred and bzipped, the repos take 588KB of space (tbz2 of the whole
> Amarok source is 158MB). I can look into shallow clones if needed.

Easy then, we can bundle gtest+gmock in Amarok release tarballs.

Note that we don't release repository, just the sources [1], so shallow clones
won't affect it -- last Amarok release had ~ 38 MB. (but that includes
translations and handbooks) So size of gtest+gmock will be even smaller.

So please go ahead! :) Please have a look if release_scripts/RELEASE_HOWTO
and/or amarok2.rb in releaseme.git [2] should be updated. Ideally if you try
to make an Amarok release tarball and check whether it looks as expected.

Thanks,
	Matěj

[1]
http://download.kde.org/stable/amarok/2.8.0/src/amarok-2.8.0.tar.bz2.mirrorlist