Hello and proposal/brainstorming for SoundCloud service

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Dec 11 17:01:14 UTC 2014

Hi Julian, hi Be,

welcome to both of you, nice to see new ideas :)

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Julian Simioni <julian at simioni.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I like your idea of integrating SoundCloud to Amarok. I have contributed
> (a tiny bit) to Amarok in the past, and know C++, Javscript, Qt, and
> many other languages pretty well. I've always wanted to contribute more,
> and actually I am trying to get a job at SoundCloud in Berlin!
>
> What timezone are you in? I'd love to collaborate via skype, and we
> could together probably make some good progress over the coming weeks.

Instead of Skype, could we use Free Software tools for that, please? We
have dedicated Amarok channels on irc.freenode.net where all the other
developers hang out when they have time to: #amarok and #amarok-devel. The
first is mainly for user support and general chit-cat, the -devel one is
for development related discussions

Mind you, development discussions should better be held on the mailing
list, as not everybody is always available at the same time. This will also
ensure a paper trail and keep everybody in the loop.

FWIW: please both have a look at the HACKING guide in the source and follow
the links in the IRC channel topic for all relevant information regarding
Amarok.

I will send a more extensive mail later, right now I am a bit in a hurry,
sorry.

Regards, Myriam aka Mamarok on IRC

http://www.fsfe.org