Implementing CUE sheet support in Amarok

Abhinandan Ramprasath abhiin1947 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 18:10:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

After spending a lot of time staring at the code, I would like to propose
the following changes to implement CUE sheet support in Amarok.

Most of the necessary CUE decoding and track splitting functions are
already available in CueFileSupport.h . It's got functions to scan for and
validate CUE sheets too. I'd like to use these functions in the
collectionscanner, scan for .cue files once the XML is read. To be even
more precise, just before/after the CollectionScanner::Track for each track
is created. So each child track would be treated as a separate track right
from the beginning.

I was thinking of having a few additional data members in
CollectionScanner::Track and Meta::SqlTrack to represent child tracks and
to store their start times and end times.

This would then be stored in the database. To do that, I'd like to do that
by adding a few columns to the track or the urls table such as, a child or
not boolean, start time and end time.

Abhinandan