Amarok 2.7.1 release considerations

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri May 10 10:18:47 UTC 2013

Hi,
for background information see thread: [amarok] src/context/engines/wikipedia:
Fix crashes on track change (both with Phonon-GStreamer and Phonon-VLC).

Markey wrote:
> I suggest we go with a new branch from 2.7.0 and cherry-pick a couple of
> important bugfixes, then tag as 2.7.1. We only need to release this for
> Linux (does not affect Windows, AFAICS).

Right, let's create a list of commits to include in advance so that we can
discuss them. I suggest the following:

d13bd618 (+ ChangeLog in 282a1b3a, 79591ea6) * Fix crashes on track change (BR
319371)
216c18bd * Drop support for treating MusicBrainz ids as track unique ids (BR
315329)
694fd360 * Fix typo in Nepomuk query which did not let track numbers show up
in Amarok. (BR 311847)

^^ I'm not sure whether the Nepomuk fix is important enough. Note that the
commits cannot add/change i18n strings.

Note to the creator of the tarball (perhaps me): the translations need to be
fetched from non-current SVN revision - from the time 2.7.0 was released.

	Matěj