Problem with Audio CD

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Thu Mar 14 12:35:10 UTC 2013

On 13. 3. 2013 kEsHa sHaH wrote:
> Heyy..
> I have reopened working on bug related to audio cd and am facing some crisis
> ! On inserting an Audio CD, it does show up in my collection pane, but with
> 0 tracks. Also, further checking in dolphin, audiocd:/ did not show any
> files/folders/tracks.
>
> The CD is working fine. I did the same process on my friend's system and it
> worked well. But trying to Copy Collection from audio cd to Local
> Collection on his system did not work. The notification showed up-'Copying
> 17 tracks' but there was no progress.

This is very likely not your fault. Sometimes the CD is not readable in one
drive, but works in another (depending on quality of the drive). I suggest you
try with different audio CDs (ideally burnt by different drives or old-style
pressed Audio CDs) and also try more times, sometimes I'm lucky on third try.
Note that if the CD doesn't show up under audiocd:/ in Dolphin, Amarok is
hopeless as it currently depends on the KIO for enumeration and copying.

P.S.: such messages are better sent directly to amarok-devel at kde.org,
sometimes I'm off for a couple of days and someone else might be well able to
answer you no worse than I do.

	Matěj