[amarok] /: Make playlist-related actions consistent throughout Amarok code (behaviour change)

Konrad Zemek konrad.zemek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 21:17:37 UTC 2013

On 15.06.2013 22:37, Wyatt Epp wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Matěj Laitl <matej at laitl.cz> wrote:
>> On 15. 6. 2013 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>> * When using a double click I want a track to be added to the
>>> playlists, but it should not start automatically, as this causes every
>>> track I add to start automatically. This makes "creating" playlists a
>>> real problem.
>>>
> I disagree.  The semantic meaning of double clicking is generally
> well-understood as activation.  That double-clicking doesn't
> consistently start playing the selected track immediately is
> unexpected.

I have no strong opinions on any of the other points, but I strongly
agree with this one. If a music player does not play the track
immediately after double-click, I am left very confused and actually
wondering about what other ways are there to get the track playing. I
can't think of any other player that adds a track to the playlist on
double-click except for foobar2000, and it's customizable there.

     Konrad