Help needed with ContextView

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jun 2 19:19:02 UTC 2013

Heya,

today I've solved a lot of remaining issues with the Analyzer code,
cleaned up the code, and what I'm especially proud of: I made it only
process data and render the animation when Amarok is actually visible
*and* on the active virtual desktop (on X11/Linux). So it's using 0%
CPU when you are not actually seeing Amarok :)

However, there is one major issue left that needs solving. To achieve
optimal performance, I am basically rendering the Analyzer widget as
an overlay above the QGraphicsView. The widget is not actually a child
of the view, but rather I am updating its coordinates whenever the
applet geometry changes.

This works fine, but when the applet is not currently visible on the
viewport, e.g. because the Wikipedia applet covers the whole view, we
must not render the Analyzer. This fails currently because I can't
figure out a way to determine if the applet is on the viewport or not.
So the analyzer is painted above the other applet.

How can I determine if a context applet is currently on the viewport?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer