Need a mentor for an SoK idea

vedant agarwala vedant.kota at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 17:13:44 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have a idea for SoK: Improved Lyrics fetching and display.
As of now Amarok uses a script to download lyrics from lyricwiki.org. It
would be a better idea to make this an integral part of Amarok. Then, we
can add more web services to download lyrics (like minilyrics).
The lyrics display also needs an upgrade. Currently it displays the entire
lyrics at once and inaccurately scrolls over time. I want to add karaoke
style lyrics display. Depending on the .lrc file, the current playing word
or line will be highlighted. I know the exact GUI must be compatible with
the Amarok look and feel so this is debatable.
This is a just a rough idea and I will write a more concrete description
after feedback for you :)
Also, it would be great if I could know the prospective mentors for SoK and
about how many SoK projects will be hosted by Amarok.

Thank-you in advance,
Vedant