Propose: Change behaviour that 'Amarok guesses Album from Filepath if no album-tag is set"

Mathias Dietrich dietrichmathias at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:44:19 UTC 2013

So what would be the ideal solution for you, in case someone wants to
step up and to fix this ?

a) In additional checkbox in options which enables / disables this feature
b) Change the behaviour to only start guessing when artist, trackname
and album-tag is missing

I would prefer the latter option. Maybe we can find a compromise where
both kind of users are not affected. Also I would propose to create a
feature request in kde's bugtracker that developers who want to step up
can implement this request.

Depending on the scope, I will also try to implement it but at first we
need to find a compromise on that both can agree and which is not
rejected at the reviewboard.